Download these FREE boating and ICW resources below. Print ’em out, laminate them, highlight them, make notes, whatever you want. We created and sourced these to say thanks for reading along.
Links and Other Interesting Info
Below are links to other helpful resources, as well as stories or websites you might find interesting.
Helpful & Interesting Sites
- NPR Story: Fleeing to Dismal Swamp, Slaves and Outcasts Found Freedom
- Local Notice to Mariners (you can subscribe to updates in left sidebar)
Books, Guides, and Products We Use
(may contain affiliate links)
- USCG Rules and Regulations (regular paperback edition)
- USCG Rules and Regulations (Plain English version)
- Chapman’s Piloting
- United States Coast Pilot 4
- Atlantic ICW Waterway Guide – 2014 (cheaper and most of the info is still accurate, although we do advise you to check local notice to mariners and be aware of any potential changes / shoaling areas)
- Mantus Anchors – hands down, our favorite anchor. We can’t say enough good things about this anchor that has never dragged, and has helped us sleep soundly during our last 5 trips on the ICW.